Friday, August 5, 2011

Got a pocket full of memories, some happy and some are sad. Got a girl standing by my side through the good times and the bad...

Is there anybody that still reads this thing?

Google+ has, like Twitter and Facebook before it, stolen all my weird stray thoughts that would otherwise grow into a blog post of some kind. If that's what you're into, feel free to Circle Me or add me to a Circle or whatever the terminology is going to end up being. I have been posting a bunch of photos there from our PCH trip.
I'm actually a fan of Picasa because of the location-aware albums that allow you to see a plot on a map of where all the photos were taken, which makes me much more inclined to post photos to G+ already, never mind the growing dissatisfaction with Facebook.

So we're on a PCH trip!
Many things aligned just right to make this trip happen - the Fringe Festival took over HUGE for the beginning of August, allowing a much needed break just in time for our TEN YEAR wedding anniversary. Combine that with our boys' edu-travel budget, my wife's travel planning obsession and you've got yourself a multi-state road trip with two small, hyperactive little boys speeding through the mountains!

The trip is being blogged elsewhere, so I haven't been bothering to try.
I just post the photos I take to G+ for later geo-nerding.
But the whole anniversary thing tends to get overshadowed by the scope of the trip.

That's right - ten years ago, on the god-awful hottest day of the entire year, I married my super-hot bride before she had a chance to come to her senses. I figured 6 years of dating was enough time to call her bluff, but she was surprisingly willing to stick to whatever bit she's doing because she's clearly always been way too good for me.
Now, on top of everything else she's done to make my life better every single day, she's decided to take me on a trip down the coast and allow me to stare at her when I'm not watching the road.

She's awesome and wonderful in every way I can think of and I'm clearly the luckiest guy there is, ten years running.
If this is when she finally springs the punchline on me and leaves me in some one-stoplight town in the middle of nowhere - totally worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While I'd like to sarcastically say, "No, nobody reads this thing.".

I think I'll just say congratulations on 10 years.