Saturday, April 23, 2011

East of Eden but at least we're earning - Ice is melting and the trees are burning

What a year a difference makes ::

Somehow, in the blur of activity that seems to always be taking place, I let the anniversary of leaving my job sneak by.
April 16th of last year I was meeting friends and coworkers at Kieran's Irish Pub to celebrate my exit from non-stop travel to 4 and 5 star hotels, a reliable income, shitloads of frequent flier miles, the occasional brush with someone famous or insanely powerful, a ridiculous sushi intake and pretty rock-solid health insurance.
And I have never been happier.

It's crazy that it doesn't even mark a year of working full time on HUGE - although that has been pretty much what I do with all my time - there was the TCIF to deal with in June, family travel to Washington DC and we didn't even sign the lease until August...THEN I started working full time on HUGE...in September.

I'm still doing some freelance work for the company and still in touch with the people I worked with - I still have never seen a corporation with so many weird challenges and awesome people to work with, all the way up to the CEO. I don't miss the work but I'm still pretty good at it and it's nice to contribute at home once and awhile.

on the HUGE side of things, I am on day 5 of not enough sleep, spending my days and late nights behind the buttons, running the lights and trying not to miss the cues - so really not much of a transition...only now I laugh all the time.

1 comment:

Voix said...

Happy leave-work-aversary. Happy is pretty fricken awesome.