Friday, August 22, 2008

You lit the fire in us - and we play on in your trust

Friday morning blog -

Between doctors appointments, days spent working from home in recovery from the weekend and the wife departing for Los Angeles late last night - this week feels a bit off. I managed to spend all of 2 days in the office and I am once again back home trying to squeeze productive time out of my home office in between breaking up fights between two Wii-obsessed 5 year olds and kicking the teenager out of bed for physicals and other fun stuff he needs to attend to before the start of the school year.

But I still find time to blog. Priorities.

I still can't accept the fact that we're already coming to the end of the summer, the beginning of which gets taken over by Improv Festival madness and the end is marked by the Renaissance Festival taking my weekends for several months - but already the sun is going down earlier, the nights are getting cooler (or I start noticing it more because I'm sleeping in a tent on the weekends) and soon the kids will be in school and the Improv Festival will be open for submissions for next summer and we're right back into it until next July (which has become officially known as "the time I can rest").
It's the perfect schedule for making the time blur together.

Speaking of time becoming a blur, I cannot get my brain around the fact that my little boys are starting school already. Weren't they just in incubators?? Didn't they just learn how to walk?? They still don't even sleep through the night (just like their dad)!!
They did just learn column addition (adding tens and hundreds and how to carry-the-one and so on) the other night, which also tells me they don't really NEED the public school system anyway - but they've got cool backpacks and are excited for this new thing to begin.

I don't know how it's possible that we've arrived at this point already but I'll be in the other room, dying my grey hair back to bright red, thanks. Sheesh.

Things on the improv front are weird but good - I end up performing a very different kind of show on the weekends at the end of summer and missing the IAGG entirely the entire time but it finally feels like the two have struck a nice balance, like I'm working on different kind of improv instead of being removed from improv completely for two months.

Got our paperwork back from the State of MN yesterday - making the Actual Theater Project an official corporation, which I'm extremely excited about as it marks tangible progress and we're getting closer to being done with the tedious process of doing everything on paper and closer to the time when we get to the real business of the business.

More news as it happens.

1 comment:

thelifemosaic said...

I can't believe your twins are ready for school, man. Looking forward to reading about their first day.